Tuesday, August 22, 2017

What.... where have I been?!

Sea Duty. That is the short answer. Up until VERY recently I was Active Duty US Navy.  It's took a toll on my spirit, mind, and body.  However, I am now beginning the next section of my life.  And it's exciting!  An art studio, surrounded by beauty, and time to be me.
I have decided submit a sketchbook to  The Sketchbook Project this year.  It will be the second year that I have done so.  Last year I submitted a book entitled "One Life".  I had a really good time making it.  but this year Iam in a better place, and looking for ways to express and expand my art.
So I chose the theme "Underwater" and started brain storming.
I came up with lots of ideas, and dutifully wrote them all down, even if I didn't think it was very good.  I would consider myself a spontaneous crafter.  I make what I'm making once.  I don't practice so much as I attempt. If whatever I'm trying works, great!  And if not, well, I move on.
But today I realized my methods are changing.  For the better, I think! Allow me to explain by photo:


Clearly you can see what I mean.  Instead of having only one idea, one concept, I am getting better at expounding on an original idea.  

On a side note... I am going to try and get this blog up and running again.   I've started making things again, and there are SO many projects to get going.  
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your service, and enjoy your retirement!