Sunday, July 05, 2009

Surprise!

A few weeks ago my husband and I talked about how nice it would be to have a little "Hidey-hole" outside where we could sit and enjoy the fire pit.

Friday I had the day off. And the local home improvement stores are giving 10% off to all military... like me! Plus I had the truck and motivation, so this is what I made:



I used 60 1-foot concrete pavers, 12 bags of pea gravel, some bamboo fencing and some plastic border to keep the gravel in place. The patio is 10 x 12, all hand layed by moi.

The chairs I had, but I spray painted them to freshen them up, and got new seat cushions from Pier One.

The topsy-turvy planter I fashioned after several I have seen. It's just pots and a wooden dowel.

I really love the way it turned out. Well worth the 8 hours of manual labor it took to put it together... plus T was so surprised he was speechless!

The only thing left is to enjoy the summer nights.

No comments: