Saturday, June 27, 2009

Parting in such sweet sorrow...

One of my closest friends is moving.

This is inevitable when you are associated with the Armed Forces. It has been my entire way of life.

I made her this lovely gift:



She and I were both on the USS Kearsarge together, and spent many hours with each other - both underway and on liberty. She has become part of my family, my sea-daughter.



I have been saving this book for an occasion such as this. It is titled "The Sea Around Us." Very fitting, I think!






The purple block is a flash drive with copies of pictures from our time together on the ship.




I hope she remembers her time on board fondly. We went thru a lot, personal and professional pain. But have both emerged much stronger for it.

I love you, Christina! You have made me proud.

No comments: