Saturday, July 11, 2009

Fabulous Fleas!

The Bazaar season has started! Today I went to two Church Bazaars and a few thrift stores. I love the possibility of coming home with a treasure!

I know I get it from my mom - she practically raised me in a dumpster.

No, it's not what you think; she just lives by the "One man's trash is another man's treasure" theory of life!

First I found this for a mere 45 cents:
I know it's not spectacular, but it would have been a couple of dollars in a craft store, and it will be fabulous when altered.

Next are these gems:
The two owls were found at one of the churches, and the fabric at a thrift store. I think the owls are adorable! I have no idea what I'll use them for, but couldn't pass them up.

Now these are fabulous:
Three great post cards. The top one has a lovely letter on the back side, the middle one struck my fancy because the lady's face on the end has been rubbed out. And then the bathing beauties... how can you not want them?

Finally, for a mere $5:
A manual typewriter! I LOVE it! It's missing the barrel that holds the paper in, and some of the keys are sticky, but it is beautiful. It will make a great addition to my studio.


No comments: