Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm back~

So, I think I can go down as one of the world's worst bloggers. Maybe not the worst, but one of them, I am sure. I returned from my cruise (of the Navy kind) about 3 weeks ago. It was an arduous 6 months, let me tell you. But we did go to some cool places, most of which I hadn't been to yet, so that was awesome. Most memorable was our stop in Isreal, where I had an opportunity to go to Jerusalem. I have yet to work up words on how that experience was. I've been mulling it over for a while.

But I have been busy since I've been back. Working on my photography, scrapping the tons of pics I took on the ship, trying to teach my undisciplined black dog to walk on a leash properly... never a dull moment! I have attacked life anew, just trying in general to be a better all around person. And not so selfish. Baby steps...

So today is my 34th birthday. Not that old, but somedays it feels like ancient. I have spent the day taking pictures, playing with the dogs and tidying up around the house. Not a real memorable birthday. Tony got me a fantabulous Canon Macro lens for the camera - and I'll have it in a few short days. I can't wait to play around with it! It is going to awesome, I'm sure. If spring would, well, spring, then I can take all the flower shots I am looking forward to taking! Fun!

Here is some of the stuff I've been working on:


These were taken when my sister and her kids were here for my homecoming. We went down to VA Beach because they had never seen the ocean before...




And this is what I did with the pictures:







I know, the background is distracting, but that recliner and curtain are pulling double duty until I get a photo studio set up! (dreaming big, now!)

Here are some silly photos Tony and I took last night:



Holy crap, we laughed so hard we almost cried while we were messing around with the camera!
You can check out some of the other stuff I have done by going over to 2 Peas in a Bucket and taking a gander. http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/userprofile.asp?user_id=222065



No comments: