Sunday, November 26, 2006

One fine bird!


Let me tell you: I cook one heck of a good turkey! This year I did a garlic rosemary turkey. I tucked cloves of garlic under the skin and then roasted it in broth until it was done. It was so tender and juicy! I can cook my ass off! It's not my favorite thing to do, but when the need arises I can step up to the plate!
Our dinner was just delicious. And the squash was just fabulous! I used a recipe from food network by Malto Mario. It was eaten at room temp and marinated in olive oil, red wine vinegar and red onions. I've never had anything like it, and it was GREAT!
I am almost ready for the holidays, I guess. We'll be at sea for a week or so, and when I get back the ship's holiday party is on Thursday, and then I have friday off and that is when I am planning on setting up the tree and decorating the house. I just love decorating for Christmas. I have already bought and shipped all my gifts to PA, but nothing to AL yet, and nothing for Tony. I have a couple of ideas, but they are kind of lame. I need to come up with something fantastic. Plus I need to do the albums for Kaden and Trinity. Erin sent the cutest halloween pics out, and I want to do star albums, but I'm in such a time crunch! I really want them to be on time. I guess I need to get crack-a-lackin!
I will post pics when I get them done.

No comments: