Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is the day we, as Americans, have set aside to honor our mothers. It's a great celebration in my opinion. My mom is fabulous, I think. She is a very smart and talented lady. I very rarely see her loose her cool. She is polite, even when irritated. I see her more and more in myself lately, which is pretty fabulous. Not only do I think I look more like her with every passing year, but I have recently caught myself sounding like her. I don't have children of my own, but frequently the motherly tidbits of advice she bestowed on me are helpful at work, where it seems they all act like children. Because of my mother I am non-confrontational, creative, a reader, a bit of a perfectionist and forgiving. My mother is ever supportive of her family. She makes the hard sacrifices so that others may succeed. I could only hope that if I were to have children, that I could be as great a mother as mine. I love you, Mom. I am trying my best to be a grown-up that you would be proud to claim responsibility for. Thank you for being the role model I have frequently needed.
In preparation for some marathon at-sea periods I have been very busy: I had a massage yesterday, we took Angus to the K-9 Carnival and met some other rescue mastiff mommy and daddies. Today we ran some errands and then I scrapped! Next week is sure to be a trying one at work,and then we are on our way to Fleet Week in New York City. That I am looking forward to.
Here are two pages I got done this weekend:

I picked up the paper when we were at Wally World earlier today - they had a whole section of super cute pet stuff. Coincidentally I have been working on a 8 X 8 book of Cactus and Angus. I have so many great pictures of them just waiting to be scrapped! I really need to buckle down: I have what seems like a thousand projects waiting to be done! Plus I'm working on expanding my style of scrapbooking. I want to use more patterned paper and embellishments, it's just harder for me to design a page with them. I tend to be a simple scrapbooker. So I am trying to push myself out of my comfort zone. Practice makes perfect! (Plus it's so fun to practice!)

No comments: