Saturday, April 29, 2006

I'm feeling scrappy!

I finally sat down and slung some paper today! Just a small album, one about when I cut my thumb last fall and had to go to the emergency room because I thought I needed stitches. It turned out really well. I used a small Basic Grey Album I had and embellishments I had on hand (I'm trying to use up my stock-pile-so I have room for more!). I'm trying to expand my scrapbooking horizons and do pages that are more complicated. My natural style tends to be very plain, with every embelishment placed with a specific purpose in mnd. I'm now trying to be more free. I have always had problems breaking rules. Even if I am the one that made them!
We spent last week at sea, and next week we'll go out for a couple of days. This sea duty thing sucks. Just as I adjust - either to being at sea or being at home, we leave or pull in. I don't have the time or energy to do anything at home. Fortunately Tony has stepped up 100% and is pretty much running the show. Now if I could just get him to cook a vegetable! I swear he's going to get scurvy with me gone so much!

No comments: