Saturday, March 25, 2006

More scrapbook posts...




I'm trying to get the last of the stuff from last week posted. Above are the 3 pages completed in my year in review album. It's an accordian album that fits inside an altered AOL CD box. (The free one's you get in the mail.) I did, however neglect to scan the box. It's really fabulous, though, you can take my word for it! I've also been working on my Holiday album. I decided to use a Basic Grey Lunchbox, which I will eventually alter, and then use the tabbed pages for years and build on each each year. For 2005 I'm using the pictures from our Thanksmas celebration that was at my mom and dad's house. The Dollar's all got together at Thanksgiving, and had a family dinner and then the next day we decorated the tree, and opened our presents. It was a great time! Here are my first couple of pages:



On the title page it says "A Dollar Family" in the blue field, but I did it with white rub-on letters and you can barely see it, even on the real thing. I wanted it to look like frost on a window,and I'm not so sure I have that effect. I may just end up re-doing it. I haven't decided yet because I really like the way the rest of the page turned out. Maybe I can just put an overlay panel on it instead. But I know I like the idea of putting the vellum over the photo and writing everyone's name on it. I did something similar to it in a small 6X6 wedding album I did for my mom of my wedding.
Tomorrow I would like to start on my tag album I'm doing for Tony of my favorite things - so he can identify the products I will like/need while I'm at sea. It's especially important as I'll be spending more and more time at sea as the year progresses. Unfortunatly that means less and less time with him, and even less scrapbooking. I need to figure out my digital scrap program so I can download some digital packages. Tommorrow we are also planning on going to the home and garden show. Plus I need to wash and press my dress whites. I bought them today and sewed all the patches on them. I also ghetto-altered and hemmed the pants. Oh, and I whooped Tony's ass at UNO. We've been playing a lot of that lately. He hates it when I slap down 3 draw 2 cards in a row!

No comments: