Tuesday, August 29, 2017

More Teasers

Sneaky peek at what's in the works! 
 I've been busy like a bee!  Working on the "under-wraps" project.  I want it to be just right before I debut it.   Meanwhile take a look at those cutie patootie shoots! They are so adorable... and a small part of what I've been working on.  
 Since today's theme appears to be crochet, I share with you some of my cruise-creations. I have provided links to all the patterns I used in case some of you are interested in trying them out yourself!
The Fire Breathing Dragon by Sharon Ojala pattern can be found on Ravelry.  The sheep is from a  baby mobile pattern made by Repeat Crafter Me, pattern found on her website.
Poor Yorrick is a pattern from Ravelry by Liz Lindo.  I did some modification to it so that it would mount on the post you see there.  It fits under a Spartan Helmet bought as a souvenir while on cruise.  I think I may make a few more of these...!
These grand unicorns are a pattern offered via Creativebug by Twinkie Chan.  I did, however, do a small addition to the stallion to make him, eh-hem, more manly.  
Octavia the Octopus is a pattern available from Yarnspirations.
Pug Dog made following a pattern from Ambercraftstore.
The majority of the items I crochet are from patterns, and the bulk of those are free patterns.  There are hundreds of free crochet patterns online!   My skill level allows me to free-hand crochet some things, but I'm not patient enough to write out patterns, so those items, alas, end up being a one-of.  
In case anyone is wondering... I was taught the rudimentary fundamentals of crochet as a child by my mother or grandmother.  Honestly, I don't remember this at all.  But about 4 years ago, as I was looking for a project that I could take on cruise that wasn't messy, crochet started to interest me.  I watched some You Tube videos, bought some hooks, and thought myself how to read patterns.  I enjoy the meditative repetition of crocheting, and the challenge the stitches bring.  Plus the awesome things you get to create!  It's a super fun medium I am only beginning to learn the possibilities of.  And truthfully, if I can learn it, anyone can.
Happy Creating!

No comments: