Sunday, November 08, 2009

Fall is in the air...

And I am doing my best to get my life in order.

I am a list maker. But I am also a cluttery-stuff collector.

It's not a good mix.

Consequently my house is always feeling just a bit out of control, and I feel helpless to rein it in. Until that moment when it is so overwhelming that I feel as though I will suffocate if I don't clear thru the junk RIGHT NOW.

It makes me feel a bit like I am on a neatness roller coaster.

My husband has a hard time with this.

Well, that and the two things guaranteed to make him crazy:
1. Leaving cupboard doors perpetually open, and
2. Dropping everything where I happen to be when I don't need it anymore.

I have tried, and failed, many many organizational methods. I have watched countless hours of Clean Sweep on HGTV. I have been suckered into almost every Real Simple time-saving storage item. Failure.

I am doomed to live a dusty, piled up life in a house that will always feel too small. Really I think I have too much stuff.

Don't tell my husband.

No comments: