Monday, February 02, 2009

Mixed Media Monday - Fruits

I had a bit of a creative block on this weeks theme at Mixed Media Monday

Not because I didn't like it~   not by any means!  Hermine chose a fantastic theme;  but one that was challenging for me.  

I was unsure how to incorporate an element that I have never used before. So this is what I came up with:  It's called "Fruit Flys"



As you can see, it is a mobile.  I used some strawberry and apple clips I have had on hand for about 2 years (I told you I don' t use fruit!).

I adhered feathers to create the wings, tied them up to some fishing line, and suspended them from a chipboard flower covered in patterned paper.    

Super simple!  

9 comments:

Char said...

What a fab idea. So cute. I love it.

Ozstuff said...

What a great and original idea! I love your fruit flies. I think they could be gainfully employed at the end of a fishing rod too! Wonderful work.

Anonymous said...

I just love your fruit submission! It's so creataive, and fun to look at too!

My Creative House said...

Love your mobile, it is so unique.

Janny said...

Great idea, lovely!

Hermine said...

Looks great, great idea

Beth said...

Oh my gosh, this is so clever and fun. It's a great play on words and a lovely mobile.

Anonymous said...

Very clever interpretation! I found fruit a challenge too! Diane

Haloquin said...

Wow!
*follows blog*
This is lovely, I have a huge grin thinking about it! :)