Monday, January 05, 2009

Theme Thursday - Something New

Here is my submission to Theme Thursday . This first week of 2009 the challenge was "Something New".  I created this ATC, titled: "Waiting for the Season to Change".



This is the first time I made my own embellishment out of Polymer Clay.  It is also the first time I used a stamp in clay, and colored it with chalks; so a lot of new things to me.  To add a bit of sparkle I embedded glass beads in the branches as leaves.  And the background paper was also made by me - nothing fancy, just  black card stock that I wrote "waiting" repeatedly on.  
My inspiration was a friend of mine - her husband is leaving for Iraq today, she is pregnant and understandably scared.  All she can do now is wait, and pray.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

excellent use of polymer clay..I got some polymer clay for xmas so that will be my next phase I think. This would make a lovely gift for your friend especially with the yellow ribbon..sending positive thoughts to her..thanks for your great comment on my blog