Monday, January 19, 2009

Mixed Media Monday - Primary and Secondary Colors


I have decided to participate in Mixed Media Monday, after checking out the beautiful artwork being created by the artists there.  This week's challenge is to use Primary and Secondary colors in creating your piece.  

I have covered and embellished wooden letters that rest above the window in my studio.  I used items that I have had on hand for some time, in an effort to use up some of my stash.

Thanks for checking me out.  I'm off to work on my nephews album...

14 comments:

indybev said...

What a wonderful idea, and how very creative! Thanks for sharing both your idea and your talent.

Unknown said...

oh what a great idea!!! this is just perfect....thanks for sharing!!!

Faye said...

Jendy, this is creative and very beautiful with the bright colors.

Julie said...

Oh I do love this...the colours are just fabulous and suit the lettering perfectly.

Ozstuff said...

So nice to see you and your work at the MMM challenge! Fantastic take on the them. Your colorful letters are wonderful.

azLizJane said...

These are wonderful! Do you want to make me a set (grin)? Very fresh and pretty!

Liz

Beth said...

This is just wonderful. "Create" was a perfect word for the challenge -- just the right number of letters. And each of the letters are beautiful and could stand alone.

Buffy said...

Great idea. I love the colors and the idea that you used stuff that you already had.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Jendy! Thanks for participating on Mixed Media Monday, I hope we get to see lots more of your lovely art! Diane

Unknown said...

wow I have never seen anything so wonderfull great work !!

Pretty Widow said...

What a great rainbow of bright colours and a clever idea to use them on the word CREATE.

Janny said...

Lovely!

Sally said...

Very inventive, love this piece!

~*~Patty S said...

I didn't get to play along in this fun challenge this week, OH MY, your CREATE sign is fabulous, wonderful and so inspiring!!!